Praattopic

Reactiescore
Beste wensen, een speederige 2018!

Reactiescore
Just a suggestion:

Increase the numbers of barbs, to decrease the chances of winning by sheer luck. If one person has a great area and another has a poor area it is not fair, this problem can be corrected by adding additional barbs meaning everyone has more or less a good area.

tim010

Speed Kampioen 2017 (Goud) & Skilled Soldier 2017
Reactiescore
Just a suggestion:

Increase the numbers of barbs, to decrease the chances of winning by sheer luck. If one person has a great area and another has a poor area it is not fair, this problem can be corrected by adding additional barbs meaning everyone has more or less a good area.
Increasing the number of barbs = decreasing the difficulty of the speeds ;)

You are absolutely right that position is an important factor but it's a random factor. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes not. Only increasing the number of barbs results in a rise of resources for everyone making speeds easier. Instead of focus on the right things at the right time you will be able to build everything at once (buildings and troops) taking away the factor of speedknowledge (speedpros). The gap between good players and bad/lesser player will disappear (partially) and I don't like that :D

Increasing barbs when you decrease resource production, that's a solution (but nobody likes this on n0-1). Playing the french server is another ;)

Reactiescore
Hey.

I must say, I strongly disagree.

How can increasing the number of resources make speed easier? People who have previously struggled with bad locations will have more res, meaning more troops and better progression. If everyone can farm better then everyone has more troops? How does this make speed easier for you?

On .UK I have observed that 6.6.6 mines start with many barbs that people who would be considered "noobs" or "randoms" are higher in the rankings, they have more troops and they have more fight to bring . It's much harder to win these rounds than low resource rounds were botters prosper as they steal all the resources from the lesser players.

I am curious, why would you want the round to be determined by a random factor? Right now, it is actually EASIER for players like you to win when rounds have less barbs, maybe that is why you're against a level playing field.

Its only logic.

Laatst bewerkt:
Reactiescore
In regards to "building things at the right time" and "knowledge" comment, lets be honest... its not difficult to know what to build, dont kid yourself into believing you have more knowledge than others. The chances are, if you are winning it is to do with your location.

I have a build practiced x2000 times, learnt from Fanat and mastered over time. Yesterday when I played I may as well have had no knowledge, all of that knowledge was useless. I had to build mines.... on a 6,6,6... really? Mines on a 6,6,6??!

Mines cannot compete with LC, simple as that. So if one player who has a good start has a good area vs another guy "who knows how and when to build" in a bad area, sorry but the guy with the good area wins.

Laatst bewerkt:

tim010

Speed Kampioen 2017 (Goud) & Skilled Soldier 2017
Reactiescore
How does this make speed easier for you?

Easier for the noobs, for me it would indeed be 'harder', more difficult. The thing you say in the post above are 100% true but I don't see why making speedrounds like that is positive. Noobs will indeed be higher in ranking, will have more troops and most off them will choose defense over offense.

We all know that at some point defense is stronger than offense, so you can loose a full nuke without killing all your opponent his troops. You will shift the speedstyle from this point to an indeed more fair kind of round but to a style where the skills of the player are less important. You will have full deff lc teams who make it impossible for solo offense players to noble them. To me that's just bullshit.

In the end on this server everything revolves around skills. With less resources you have to make more choises, that's just a fact. Good players with bad positions will still be higher then bad players with good positions. Yes you'll have a disadvantage against good players with good positions but that's not everyround the same players. I prefer this above the stupid, ridiculous deff-lc speeds the have on other servers.

To end, just this question, if you don't like these rounds, why don't you play on servers, like the french one, where they do have more barbs?

Reactiescore
.UK used to make barbs the same way .NL does, so I have observed the improvement of game play myself and that is what my opinion is based on.

I just think its stupid to have so many random factors contributed to the round. We already have luck from -25% - +25% in attacks, do we really need to have luck in our locations as well?

Its very simple, more barbs = a level playing field for all, meaning more competition, more competition requires more skill. The level scales, those who were great players and those who were bad players will still be great and bad players, skill wise nothing should change. It simply decreases the chance of winning by luck, it gives a more accurate end result.

It takes a really great player to build a defense from start to finish that is stronger than offense, therefore the problem you have anticipated will not be as bad as you think. Eventually defense is always stronger than offense but I guess you'd have to make some new choices to figure a way around the problem ;) I can think of a few tactics immediately.

As you say "with less recources there will be more choices to make", that is very true. But the end result will be the same if you're fighting a player who has a good area, so all these choices and options (what you call skill) generally means nothing if you are fighting a competent player.

Of course, there are exceptions with everything in life so don't take each statement as literal. Sure a player with a bad area and good build can defeat a player with a good area, but far too often this is not the case. You seriously underestimate the advantage giving from a good area.

I played .FR before, I also play .UK, .RO, .RU and other servers. I earned some pp here and may as well use it. Why not?

Either way, as stated above, this is only a suggestion. For the sake of gameplay.

Reactiescore
What Patris is saying in general:

- Add more barbs to the rounds, to delete the factor: luck.

With reason, the gap of pro speeders and "noobs" is too great. The noob players are not going to improve themself, if they see f.e. they have a bad spot again. The speedlevel in general will be increased if you put more barbs in the rounds. All the skills of timing/btiming/snipes/csnipes/backdrafting/starting/ etc... is still essential to win those rounds aswell.

But this is my point of view.

Laatst bewerkt:

Kulta Lakko

Speedkampioen '16+ '20 (Goud) '17+'18 (Zilver)
Reactiescore
I think we should just test it, like for the upcoming weeks plan 50% of level 0/1 rounds with not many barbs, and 50% of those round with many barbs. Let’s see what gives the most fun and skillfull rounds.

I think making a sweet start is also part of the game and shouldn’t be eliminated, because when almost everyone gets a good start without needing skills to do so, the most lucky player will win (the one that doesn’t get trains from some of all those good starters) because there will be so many people with a big nuke and nobles. Btw, back in the oldschool days almost all level 0/1 speeds had only little barbs, and the speeds contained pretty much good players ;). But also I understand Patris, with many barbs more speeders will get the opportunity to make nobles because of an easier start while with less barbs, they would already be nobled by the best players. And getting a good start will be motivating for them and following, they will probably try to improve their skills.

But let’s just test it the upcoming weeks

Reactiescore
I think that would be a good idea.

I will say, even with many barbs you can still have a better start up than others and have a dominating lead.

My suggestion in theory is easy to pick apart, I myself could find many problems in my solution if I were to search for them but for one reason or another when applied practically these problems are not to be found, or only on a very small scale of what may be anticipated/expected.

I witnessed the transition on .UK from low barbs to a large amount of barbs. The affect was very minimal other than everyone had a decent area and thus a reasonable chance on the round. Before the change was made in .UK it was seen very often that the player with the good area would win the round despite the opponents level of skill.

I do agree, I would really like to see this tested here as .NL has a high level of activity and it would make things more interesting.

Reactiescore
7174eb19e8704d825fdb4e13c50f4fc2.png

Tim, what skills do I need to survive??

Bovenaan